The Chemex was created in 1941 by German inventor Peter Schlumbohm. It is known for brewing a sweet, balanced cup with a clean finish and plenty of nuance.
6-10 cup Chemex
White Chemex Filters
Scale w/ timer
Recipe: 40g coffee : 680g water
1. Place filter w/ 3 plies facing spout
2. Rinse filter & discard water
3. Place Chemex on scale
4. Evenly distribute ground coffee
5. Tare Scale & start timer
6. Wet coffee evenly w/ 80g water
7. At 0:40, slowly pour 350g water
8. At 2:00 slowly pour 250g water
9. Brew should finish at 4:00
10. Pour into a sweet mug & enjoy!