The Chemex was created in 1941 by German inventor Peter Schlumbohm. It is known for brewing a sweet, balanced cup with a clean finish and plenty of nuance.
Check out our chemex video here!
6-10 cup Chemex
White Chemex Filters
Scale w/ timer
Recipe: 40g coffee : 640g water
1. Place filter in Chemex *
2. Rinse filter & discard water **
3. Place Chemex on scale
4. Evenly distribute grounds
5. Tare Scale & start timer
6. pre-wet grounds w/ 60g water
7. At 0:30, slowly pour to 320g
8. At 1:15, slowly pour to 420g
9. At 1:45, slowly pour to 520g
10. At 2:15, slowly pour 640g
11. Brew should finish ~ 4:20
12. Pour into a sweet mug & enjoy!
* Make sure the 3-plies are facing the spout
** Pro-tip: pour rinse water out the side opposite spout